Hello & Welcome!
I am Digvijay Ghotane, based out of New York, NY. I work as an Analyst for DIA Associates in the sector of Financial Services Consulting.
My work revolves mainly around leveraging data to answer questions that are important to our clients.
- C. Christine Fair, Digvijay Ghotane & Parina Patel (2021): Did India’s demonetization policy curb stone-pelting in Indian-administered Kashmir, Small Wars & Insurgencies, DOI: 10.1080/09592318.2021.1915678
McCourt School of Public Policy, Georgetown University - Master of Science, Data Science for Public Policy
Thadomal Shahani Engineering College, Mumbai University - Bachelor of Engineering, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- Fellow on the Data Science for Public Good 2021 Program at the Biocomplexity Institute, University of Virginia (May ‘21 - August ‘21)
- MDI Scholar at the Massive Data Institute, Georgetown University (February ‘21 - May ‘21)
- Data Publication Intern at DIME, World Bank (February ‘21 - May ‘21)
- Data Science Intern on the Climate team at World Resources Institute in Washington DC (June ‘20 - August ‘20)
- Graduate Research Assistant at the Security Studies Program at the Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service, Georgetown University for Dr. Christine Fair (November ‘19 - May ‘21)
- Graduate Teaching Assistant at the McCourt School of Public Policy, Georgetown University for the Introduction to Data Science class by Dr. NaLette Brodnax (August ‘20 - May ‘21)
- Graduate Research Assistant at the McCourt School of Public Policy, Georgetown University for Dr. Andreas Kern (September ‘20 - December ‘20)
- Graduate Research Assistant at the McCourt School of Public Policy, Georgetown University for Dr. Eric Dunford (January ‘20 - May ‘20)
- Data Visualization: Tableau, Python, R
- Statistical Modeling: R, Stata, Python
- Data Wrangling, Cleaning, Aggregation: R, Stata, Python, SQL
- Web-Scraping: Python, R
- Text Analysis: Python (BERT for Classificationnn & NER), R (Bag of words analysis)
- Big Data (Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Spark with Python)
- Machine Learning: Supervised & Unsupervised
- Languages: English, Hindi and Marathi (native proficiency), French (taken in high school as 3rd language for three years)
If you would like to connect, please write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org